As we know Magento is most popular eCommerce solution for online stores or to sell the products on the site. There are number of pages in the Magento sites like home page, product pages, categories pages & CMS pages. CMS pages are the pages which makes your website complete with the additional content. Theses are static pages such as home page, about us, terms & conditions, customer service pages etc that provide information about a web store and are managed through the backend panel. Each page possesses its own URL address.
Learn how to Add CMS Page in Your Magento Store
In this blog, we helps you to create CMS page in your eCommerce Magento store. First go to CMS -> Pages. After that you can see all the existing CMS pages there with their Page Title, URL Key, Layout, Status, Date Created, Last Modified & Action.
To create new CMS Page click on the Add New Page button. First you will see there, Page Information in which you can set the following data:
Add Page information on the below block.
– Page Title: Enter the page name here, it must be simple & clear because it will appear in browser.
– URL Key: Enter the page URL here, according to your preferences & if possible add keywords.
– Store View: If you have multiple stores, this field allows you to select which store/stores the CMS page applies to. Use the Ctrl key to select multiple stores.
– Status: Set enable to make page visible.
Create & add content for the page from right side menu, click on the Content
– Content Heading: Enter the title that you would like to visible on the page.
– Check the large content block after the content heading block. Create content & update the page related information there with HTML and CSS, according to your preferences.
– To access it, click the Show/Hide Editor button above the content box. With the editor you can easily insert photos, create links and tables, format your text.
Set page layout, click on the Design from right side menu bar
– Page Layout: This is the first section of the Design tab. The layout you set here will be the standard layout for your page. Select the number of columns in the drop down field that you would like to use in CMS page. ( 1 column: It means the content will be visible only on the page, 2 columns: It means the content will be visible in a large column with either a right or left sidebar, 3 columns: It means the content will be vissible in the center with a sidebar on both sides)
– Layout Update XML: Use to update the displayed layout information.
– Custom Design From/To: Set the dates your custom design will be active for. Click on the little icon next to the field in order to open a calendar.
– Custom Theme: Select a previously created theme for your custom design.
– Custom Layout: Pick the number of columns you would like here.
– Custom Layout Update XML: Use XML in this field to customize your layout.
Add target keywords, click on Meta Data from right side menu.
Add the keywords phrases for search engine
– Keywords: Enter the targeted keywords here.
– Description: Enter the information that you want to appear in search results.
After all this settings, save the page by clicking on Save Page or Save & Continue Edit.